Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fundraising Blues

Lisa and I had a fundraiser barbecue yesterday for the John Kerry Campaign. Despite a really disappointing turnout, we managed to reach our goal. We got to $500. And many thanks to Jonathan Kingham who came out in support of the event and played a set with his friend, Ryan. But I felt more than a little embarrassed that he had to play to such a sparse crowd. When I spoke to him about it last night, he dismissed it due to it being summer. I'm not so sure. People tend to like being outside during the summer, so what can be better than a barbecue? Now I can finally empathize for all the nerdy kids out there whose families go to great effort to throw a party but nobody shows up.

Ah well. Thanks to everyone who showed up. We enjoyed your company. And to those of you who came despite having a different political view. We are eternally grateful for your friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home